Saturday, November 5, 2011

2011 Holidays - Manila, Taipei, Guangzhou, Jiangmen, Sanshui, Xiqiao Shan, Chengdu, Dazu, Emei Shan & Leshan





The Giant Buddha at Leshan, Sichuan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site It is the largest carved stone Buddha as the tallest statue in the world.


Photograph of myself taken next to the Giant Buddha at Leshan, Sichuan.

Photograph of my siblings, younger brother Heng Wan, myself, Heng Kei, my younger sister, Lai Ling and elder sister, Lai Meng at the snowcapped Emei Shan, Sichuan.

Photograph of myself, younger brother & elder sister taken almost at the summit of Emei Shan.

Photograph of my younger sister, Lai Ling, myself: H. K. Wan and younger brother, Heng Wan at Dazu Rock Carving - another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
12 March 2011 - LCCT to Chengdu. On arrival took taxi to Chengdu North Railway Station and then took "D" Train to Chongqing - 2hours 15 minutes trip. On arrival took a Taxi to our Hotel at Yangtze River Youth Hostel @ RMB 130/double room

13 March 2011 - Local tour to Dazu Rock Carving - a UNESCO World Heritage Site @ RMB 240/person. At Night at Chaotian Gate - meeting of Yangtze & Jialing Rivers, etc.

14 March 2011 - Return D Train from Chongquing to Chengdu. Walking tour of Chengdu

15 & 16 March 2011 - Local tour 2 days / 1 night tour of Leshan and Emei Shan Scenic sites @ RMB 450/person + optional tours, sichuan puppet shows @ RMB 200 + RMB 200 cable tours at Emei Shan + optional tours @ RMB 205/person.
17 March 2011 - local tour to Sichuan Panda Research Station & Base @ RMB 98/person. Thereafter, on our own at Chengdu

18 March 2011 - on our own at Chengdu until our flight back to LCCT at 23.55 pm.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Photograph of my youngest brother, Aaron & wife, myself, my younger sister, Lai Ling, elder sister, Lai Meng and younger brother, Heng Wan taken at Guanyin of the South China Sea, Nanhai district of Foshan. The bronze statue stands at 61.9 Metres (Guanyin Birthday) or 203 feet tall and sits on a 15 Metres pedestal making a total height of 77 Metres or 253 feet high.


Group photograph taken at 5 Ram Park, Guangzhou - my youngest sister-in-law, my youngest brother, Aaron, my younger brother, Heng Wan, myself, H.K. Wan, my elder sister, Lai Meng and my younger sister, Lai Ling.

Another group photograph taken in front of the abandoned "Wan Family Ancestral House", No. 57, Hehou Li, Jiangmen, Guangdong.

Photograph my myself and my younger sister taken with The Giant Sleeping Buddha at Sanshui Forest Park, Sanshui, Foshan, Guangdong.

Photograph of my younger brother, Heng Wan, myself and my elder sister, Lai Meng taken with The Giant Sleeping Buddha. This is the largest Sleeping Buddha in the world with full length of 108 Metres and 16 Metres high. It was located at Sanshui Forest Park - about 2 kilometres from Sanshui, Foshan, Guangdong. Date of Travel: 8 June 2011 to 13 June 2011.

8 & 9 June 2011 - Guangzhou on our own - Shamian Island, Yuexiu 8 Rams Park, Shopping, etc.

10 June 2011 - Took bus from Guangzhou to Sanshui - visited Sanshui Forest Park with the largest Sleeping Buddha. Next went to Sanshui Lotus World but it was closed for renovations. We then head by hired van-taxi @ RMB 150 to Xiqiao Shan, Nanhai, Foshan. Went for another half day tour of Xiqiao Shan @ RMB 200/van and return to Foshan City and took Metro back to Guangzhou.

11 June 2011 - own our own at Guangzhou.

12 June 2011 - Took GZ Metro to GZ South Station and then travel by Light Rail to Jiangmen for 45 minutes journey @ RMB 25/person (as compared to 2 hours bus @ RMB 35/persons a few years ago). Visited relatives at Jiangmen and also the abandoned "Wan Family Ancestral House" at No. 57, Hehou Li, Jiangmen.
13 June 2011 - Jiangmen on our own - went to Guifeng Shan. Later returned to Jiangmen, took Light Rail from Jiangmen direct to Baiyun Airport, Guangzhou, a journey of less than 2 hours.



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Group photograph taken at Fort Santiago - from front: Daniel Wong, my eldest sister-in-law, Doreen Cheong, Mrs. David Wong, Mr. David Wong, myself: H.K. Wan and Dominic Wong. Group photograph taken inside The Manila Cathedral within Manila's Old City at Intra muros.

from left:Dominic Wong, myself, my eldest sister-in-law, Doreen Cheong, Daniel Wong, Mrs & Mr, David Wong.
Group photograph of my office colleague, Mr. David Wong & Family taken at Yehliu Geopark, Taipei, Taiwan.





Date of Travel: 27 to 31 August 2011 - at Taipei, Taiwan and 1 to 3rd September 2011 at Manila, Philippines via Cebupacificairways.com special 50% promotion price with return airfares of approx. RM 650 (excl: Manila Airport Taxes) during Hari Raya Puasa and Malaysia National Day Holidays. We only took 2 (two) days leave and enjoyed 4 nights at Taipei, 1 night on flight from Taipei to Manila and 2 Nights at Manila.

This was the 1st time I was travelling with my office colleague, Mr David Wong & his family, wife, Evelyne and 2 sons, Dominic and Daniel Wong.

On arrival at Manila Airport, the plane encountered bad weather and air turbulence due to a typhoon at Northern Luzon. The plane was circling Manila Airport for almost 40 minutes before it landed with frightening applause from the passengers to the Captain of the aircraft. The same typhoon followed us the Taiwan as a number of tourist attractions such as Fisherman wharf, Yehliu Geopark, Hualien were cancelled. We were worried as we have booked our train tickets & hotel at Hualien, Eastern Taiwan. However, we managed to obtain full refund from Taiwan Railway Authority for our pre-book returned train tickets to Hualien.

Number of Travellers: 8 (Eight) consisting of my elder sister, Lai Meng, my younger sister, Lai Ling, my eldest sister-in-law, Doreen Cheong, my office colleague, Mr. David Wong & Wife, Evelyne, eldest Son, Dominic Wong and youngest son, Daniel Wong.

No comments: